Jan 26, 2010

Day 24: New In Town


Not a movie to help you forget the winter blues but heart warming all the same! I really like this movie. The go getting female (Renee) never has to be less strong in order to get the man and win the town. And the town, oh, true Mid-western sweetness! You-betcha! Here is how New In Town checks off on my list:
  • Giddy: We have lots of great embarrasing moments like the stuck zipper, the nippin out, and the stuck in snow scene where she gets drunk. Rebuilding this company also makes me dance a little happy dance, I get those goose bumps of cheesy goodness when I see this plot device: The saving of a town. And we have great lines like "You're not so bad, when your unconscious".
  • Lie: She comes to the town to fire half the workforce but does not tell anyone that till its too late.
  • Big Emotional Outburst: I like that this one isn't for the love of the man but for the love of the town. Sort of sweet.
  • Dance Sequence: Not really no.
  • Wedding: Nope. Sigh, I could have used a wedding feast today.
  • Rewatchable: Yep.
  • Love: So there is the ever popular in my book I hate you right off but love you soon after love and then there is the love of the town.
  • Fantasy: Saving that company from corporate is pretty fantastical.
  • Journey of the Main Character: She goes from an almost Republican way of thinking to seeing the numbers as human beings and pushing herself and the town to reach their highest potential. Awe inspiring!
  • Body Count: sigh, no.
  • Music Montages: there are a couple, but my favorite is the one that starts with the food fight!
  • Strong Female: By far the strongest of them all, at least so far. I love you Renee!

No comments:

Post a Comment