Jan 30, 2010

Day 28: Picture Perfect


Huh. I actually had never seen this movie. Or maybe I did and I forgot. It's meh... I don't know why, I guess it's just I don't really see the love. But technically, it has many of the things I love in my RC cocktail, so lets check it off shall we?
  • Giddy: erm... um... wait there's gotta be something here... it's not like this movie is awful or even a drama, it's just sort of meh...
  • Lie: Okay so she is lying to her company saying that she has a fiance, a guy that she met once at a wedding. And then she hires him to come be her fiance and break up with her.
  • Big Emotional Outburst: She confesses right before her big presentation to her coworkers and then runs out to find Jay at a wedding and interupt the wedding to tell him she likes him.
  • Dance Sequence: They mention the bunny hop... but one is never actually done.
  • Wedding: 2! Yay! Pretty!
  • Rewatchable: Maybe I'll watch this again to see if it was just my mood from a stressful work week or if it really isn't giddy worthy.
  • Love: She thinks she's in love with a guy who only wants her if she's unavailable but realizes she's in love with the guy she's made up to be her fiance.
  • Fantasy: it takes place in NYC with all those big apartments. And because she's engaged, she gets a bigger office and gets to sleep with the man she likes.
  • Journey of the Main Character: She starts to dress nicer, and realizes the guy she likes is a jerk...
  • Body Count: no.
  • Music Montages: yes.
  • Strong Female: I will give this movie that - Jennifer Aniston is playing a woman who starts off doing anything to get to be a successful marketing executive and learns that she doesn't want that success unless it based on her work and not her lies. Very nice. And she goes after the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment